Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn ION > Saturn ION - Technical

Old 06-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
tickedoffrick

Question Alarm problems

My '07 ION is getting me down. The horn keeps beeping--starts with short little beeps and then the alarm goes off, lights flashing and horn with long beeps. It will reset with the remote for a little while and then repeats over and over. Also, the doorlocks keep locking and unlocking-mostly while driving but also when the car is just sitting on the street. Really at a loss, any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

tickedoffrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
GMCustomerService

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickedoffrick View Post
My '07 ION is getting me down. The horn keeps beeping--starts with short little beeps and then the alarm goes off, lights flashing and horn with long beeps. It will reset with the remote for a little while and then repeats over and over. Also, the doorlocks keep locking and unlocking-mostly while driving but also when the car is just sitting on the street. Really at a loss, any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
That is a strange problem youíre having; I apologize for that! Iím not a technician so Iím not entirely sure what could be the cause of this so I would suggest speaking with your dealership about this. Let us know how everything goes!

Thanks,
Laura

GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
tazette29

I know what the problem is as I just had it fixed in my 2007 Saturn Ion. It was a nightmare because I would be driving and my door locks would be flicking on and off like crazy, then my alarm would go off, etc. I brought it to the dealer and they were about to give it back because they couldn't re-create what it was doing. Finally, as they were moving it back down on the lot the alarm starting going off while they were driving. It's a stupid $30 part. There is a piece that juts out on the drivers side door that pushes in when the door closes. If it doesn't push in, the car still thinks the door is open.
tazette29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
RjION

So it had a bad doorjam switch that every car made has. Thats a rare occurrence, now arent you happy they didn't just start changing parts till they found the right one, like the people of auto forums do.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote