Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Products

View Poll Results: Do additives such as Bar's Stop Leak, Engine Restore, Motor Honey, Seal Repair work?
They work great! My car is alive because of them! 1 100.00%
They destroyed my last car. I hate them.. Die, Additives! 0 0%
Cant tell a difference. 0 0%
I use them for steak marinade. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
etx4

Wink Rislone Engine Treatment

Got a 98 SL-1 with an oil burning problem. losing a quart every 1500 miles. Just changed the plugs this morning, and they have carbon bld-up in epic amounts. I'm thinking either valve seats, or rings. Discussed it in detail with my Oreilly auto parts buddy, he says they got something on the shelf. Weighed the pros and cons of a typical additive, like lucas, slick50, even Z-max. Went with mechanic in a bottle, mixed opinions about that.

Just added Rislone engine treatment (big yellow bottle) to my engine. came out of bottle blue,and had a slightly thinnish- viscosity, compared to my normal 5w-30 GTX. I ran it home, bout 8 miles, and you might not believe this, but i think I can feel a difference. Was thinkin "no way" but... "way!"

Will follow up this thread in bout 1500 miles, let yall know bout this stuff.
Im a delivery driver for a sandwich shop during the day, pizza place at night, so that will come around fairly quickly...

etx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
etx4

Well, so yall know, this product is a bad Idea. I have lost HP (by way of compression I think) and am burning Oil now. burn about a quart every 2k mi.

Rislone is a Loser.

I'm several oil changes since, and I'm running low on oil before I go get it changed, by a little over a quart every time. Never used any before.

Wouldve followed up sooner, but it was inspection time for this vehicle(here in TX, it's mandatory) engine lights came on, sensors replaced, then parking brake handle came off, then bearings went out and CV axle: etc, etc.
Hope you dont waste your money.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
RjION

So your buring 2 qts of oil per 3,000 miles and you thought by pouring in engine treatment everything would get better. Rislone good or not is not the biggest loser....you are.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
etx4

just thought i'd drag this up, RJIon, to annoy you. I know you love it when we bring up dead threads. Suck it.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
RjION

Quote:
Originally Posted by etx4 View Post
just thought i'd drag this up, RJIon, to annoy you. I know you love it when we bring up dead threads. Suck it.
Annoyed .......... not at all ... I enjoy watching you and the likes of you on a forum.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote