It tells me I haven't made enough posts

Triggans2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #22
Ssicarman

Are you able to do the email contact?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
GMCustomerService

Tiggans2,

I am not sure why you can not send a private message. You can certainly send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com.

Erica Tiffany
GM Customer Care
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Triggans2
Banned

I just sent the email
Triggans2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #25
eyberz

I also have a 2008 Saturn outlook and am having issues with the steering locking up while driving.. I consider this a big safety issue and it appears there should've been a recall on this as after much research many other people are having the same problem. We have a 4 month old child and I won't let my wife drive the Saturn due to my safety concerns. It locks up almost everytime you turn at a lower rate of speed.. Especially parking the car and turning at intersections... Please GM fix this known issue. Concerned Saturn owner.
eyberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #26
eyberz

Default update on Saturn steering issue

Update gm contacted me and asked for my vin mileage and preferred dealer. The service Manager contacted me a couple days later and set up an appointment to take a look at it. I took the Saturn to the wheeler gm dealer. I was called and told it was a steering gear and power steering pump both need replacing. They charged me $103 for the inspection fee which they never told me about. The service guy apologized for never telling me about the fee and said it maybe got lost in translation. They also have quoted me $1700 plus tax to replace the steering gear and power steering pump...I am unable to pay this but have to drive the car to go to work. Very disappointed because this seems like a known issue where a recall should be issued as many other people have the same problem.. just Google steering problem on lambda frames vehicles... please gm do a recall before people are killed by the faulty steering! ...I know that gm is aware of these steering issues but are trying to brush it under the rug.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #27
ryanusmc80
Banned

I'm glad that I stumbled upon this tonight / this morning. I've had the same issues with my outlook. We have had it for about 4 years and have had a range of issues since the day we brought it home new. I notice the lock up at low speeds several times over the last two years. The dealerships have had a range of answers from bad power steering fluid, not enough grease, couldn't replicate so nothing was wrong. We'll it finally happened at full speed, with my wife and two kids in the car and we almost died. I dropped the family off and headed to the dealership. We'll now that it's past our warranty the want to fix it. PS PUMP , Gear etc etc. So I got the call yesterday that they want $4400 to replace it. Once I started looking around it seems this is happening to a lot of outlooks and most of the other GM cross over vehicles from the time frame. I'm basically hosed. Still owe some on the car, need nearly 5 grand to fix it and even after that my wife refuses to ride in it or let the kids get in. I've never bought a foreign car but I just might.

Also nice to see that they Want double to fix mine. I realize things are more expensive in Hawaii but double is way over the top. I'm screwed either way I go, not sure what to do.
ryanusmc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:08 AM   #28
eyberz

Default please report steering issue to http://www.nhtsa.gov

Please anyone experiencing this issue with the steering, please report it to http://www.nhtsa.gov and go to the file a complaint section. The nhtsa will investigate this issue and safety concern with the more complaints it gets and also gm will be made aware of this so maybe a recall will happen!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #29
derfderf

I checked http://www.nhtsa.gov and as of my posting there are 29 complaints regarding 2009 saturn outlook steering , every thing from loss of power assist at low speeds to total loss at standstill to seizing of the wheel in place while driving.

Yet there is no active ongoing investigation (?)

I found the following complaint rather interesting
NHTSA ID Number: 10642020

All Products Associated with this Complaint

Details

0 Associated Documents

• Crash:No
  • Fire:No
  • Number of Injuries:0
  • Number of Deaths:0
Manufacturer: General Motors LLC
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN)xxxxxx...
SUMMARY:

POWER STEERING ASSIST GOES OUT AT LOW SPEEDS IN MY 2009 SATURN OUTLOOK CAUSING POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATIONS WHEN TURNING AND PARKING. I HAVE HAD MANY CLOSE CALLS IN THE RECENT MONTHS, BUT THANKFULLY HAVE NOT HAD AN ACCIDENT YET. THE ISSUE IS DANGEROUS THOUGH AND I PANIC EVERY TIME I HAVE TO TURN ON A BUSY INTERSECTION. THIS HAS BEEN RECALLED IN OTHER GM CARS, INCLUDING SOME SATURNS, BUT NOT MY PARTICULAR MODEL. MY CAR HAS NOT EVEN REACHED 100,000 MILES YET. PLEASE CORRECT THIS ISSUE FOR ALL KNOWN VEHICLES, GM.

------

Can anyone verify the bolded statement?

95 SC2 ~235K +/running-- "All in the Family"
derfderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #30
jdm160

Default Power Steering Failure

It seems that my 2008 Saturn Vue XR has experienced this hydraulic power steering failure as well. My wife ran wide in an intersection because the power assist had failed completely, making it impossible to turn the steering wheel. Luckily on this occasion she did not hit the curb or any vehicles or pedestrians. My two children in the back seat were pretty much traumatized by my wife's reaction!

Since then, the car intermittently looses power steering completely when moving, and has zero assist when stationary. A new steering rack and pump costs $1700 ~ $3500 based on the information I have found online about this common problem!

Has GM stepped up to address this problem? I see many recall notices about steering racks and pumps but no open recalls for my particular car. I found many instances and complaints of the same exact power steering failures for the Vue and other similar Saturn vehicles, but no recalls yet? I'm hoping a GM rep can chime in here to offer some assistance.
jdm160 is offline   Reply With Quote