Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > Saturn ION

Old 08-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Cory
Banned

Default 2007 ION Quad

Please tell me how to fix a sunroof leak on my 2007 ION QUAD. Water pours into the passenger side. I saw something on another saturn not an ion, posted with pictures but when we removed the side panel there was only a small hole and we coulden reach anything. Is there another way on this saturn? We have also had trouble with water getting into the trunk before this.

Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Ssicarman

Welcome to the Board.

Where is the water coming from? From under the headliner? Right through the sunroof opening?
The sunroofs have drain hoses on the roof assemble and are prone to coming off letting the water leak onto the headliner and into the car. The fix for this is to lower the headliner as needed to reinstall the hose.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Cory
Banned

It is pouring in arounder the passenger visor and around the top of the front window now. We have water stains in the back on both sides from prior leaks and the floor.
It comes in on the driver side around the same area when driving in rain. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Ssicarman

Typical of sunroof drain hoses having come off of the sunroof module. Time to drop the headliner (at the corners at least) to reattach the drain hoses.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Cory
Banned

Will try this. Also, seems to be coming in around seat belts in back, we have noticed water stains back there too. I saw a forum comment about water in trunk, we have had that too. Is this a frequent thing and why haven't they had some sort of recall on these annoying things. I love my Saturn ION. I also have a 1999 Saturn SC1 that I might try to sell. We are in our 60's and on a fixed income. the upkeep is getting to be more than we can handle. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
RjION

The only water leaks I've seen on any ION were those with sunroofs, and only those with sunroofs. I'm sure if YOU search the internet or YouTube you'll find all sorts of information and a few video's on the problem and the repair.

I've only had one ION with a sunroof but did not have a problem with leaks.

Shut up and drive.
I have SL2, SW2, & ION pictures in the gallery under SaturnSdn & RjION
RjION is offline   Reply With Quote