Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Model & Technical Discussion > General Saturn Model Range Discussion

Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
D Rock

Default mp2 second gear max MPH

I wondered if anyone car tell me the MPH at red line in SOHC. im running a DOHC at my local short track i currently have to shift to third at the end of the strait im hoping if i swap trans to MP2 i can just hold second the whole time. if anyone could help I'd Appreiate it ASAP would be best since I'm trying to run this weekend

D Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
blanksaturn

Default reply

it sounds plausible, the ratios for the SOHC trans are not as tight as the DOHC so in theory you would be able to hold the 2nd gear for longer. the trade off is you wont accelerate quite as fast. my reccomendation is to upgrade your cams and valve springs to allow for higher RPMS rather than modifying your trans.
blanksaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
D Rock

the rules dont allow engine mods at all not even K&N air filter in stock air box. not suposed to change trans either but who is gonna know! trans is $130 at the boneyard cams and springs probably alot more $$
D Rock is offline   Reply With Quote