Saturn Spot

Go Back   Saturn Spot > Saturn Modifications > Styling Modifications

Old 05-23-2003, 03:52 AM   #1
sehnsuchtkuss

Default high/low beam mod?

On a lot of cars, I've seen a styling modification where you can splice 2 wires together, which makes the low beam stay lit when the high beam is activated. Is that possible with saturns (93 sl1), and does anybody know how it's done?

~Sehnsuchtkuss

sehnsuchtkuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 04:35 AM   #2
picksl1

yes it is possible...someone here tried it a while back and they kept blowin out the relay. if you check out http://www.jcwhitney.com/SearchCatCo...equestid=57047

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
picksl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 04:39 AM   #3
Robert-sl2

I have a diagram I made up a while back to do this mod. it works on paper, but I have not tried my 'revised' method yet. The first time I tried it, I didnt realize that the headlights had a negative switch, so I kept blowing fuses! If I can fing the new diagram I will post it.

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(no longer mine)
Proud Owner of a 2005 Storm Grey Saturn Vue
Robert-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:21 AM   #4
sehnsuchtkuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-sl2
I have a diagram I made up a while back to do this mod. it works on paper, but I have not tried my 'revised' method yet. The first time I tried it, I didnt realize that the headlights had a negative switch, so I kept blowing fuses! If I can fing the new diagram I will post it.

Robert

Thanks, I would definitely appreciate that! Any help on this mod qould be helpful!

~Sehnsucht
Old 05-25-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
4azdmunky

I have been pondering this mod for a while, however is it street legal? I thought I read somewhere that only two headlights can be on at a time.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

'97 SC2 DOHC
Fader Tint
Injen Intake
Custom cold box
1 Child Seat ;}

** I have created something more powerful than mankind, its a monkey with four asses.
4azdmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:35 AM   #6
sehnsuchtkuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4azdmunky
I have been pondering this mod for a while, however is it street legal? I thought I read somewhere that only two headlights can be on at a time.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
As far as I can tell, it is perfectly street legal. If you look at a lot of cars running HID lights, they never go off, and their high beams just kick in. My problem is actually performing the mod...can it be done?

~Sehnsucht
Old 05-25-2003, 02:23 AM   #7
picksl1

try clickin the link above....for some reason i geuss i accidently copied the wrong link....now it should be good tho

Old 05-25-2003, 03:04 AM   #8
sehnsuchtkuss

I seem to be having trouble opening the link, if you are referring to the JC whitney site. Have you done the mod yourself? Can you give me some help on that? Any directions or anything?

~Sehnsucht
Old 05-25-2003, 04:00 AM   #9
picksl1

damnit JC whitnet isnt working right for some reason. if you go to jcwhitney.com and type in the part number 81UD1821P that will give you a direct link to the product. i have never done this to my car, but i dont think it will be too hard. i think that it is just a one or 2 wire hookup. BTW the product is only like $20 so its not a huge waste of money

Old 05-25-2003, 04:21 AM   #10
sehnsuchtkuss

What does that part do? There must be a way to do the mod without that part, several of my friends have done the mod just by bridging 2 wires.